Monday, August 29, 2011

Whats the story ...Despojo



Despojo is a song that appeared out of nowhere.  Kinda trippy, right?
I was looking through my stack of sheet music and sketches and I stumbled upon this little piece of sheet music with a song called Despojo.
I grabbed the guitar and starting playing what was written and I was like "wow! thats a cool little melody!"
I had written (whenever I wrote the song) directions that said "Latin on A part" and then "Reggae on B part" so I pretty much kept my original directions on the arrangement.
The reality is that I don't remember writing this song, maybe I was in some sort of trance?? Or maybe I just have a really bad memory.



Despojo by elpueblosound

Below is El Pueblo playing Despojo live at Southpaw. Kevin Sherman on Bass and Paquito Cruz on Sax.
I animated the audio track with some cool images.


No comments:

Post a Comment